Saturday, July 13, 2013

27 Days Left - Accepting Help



It's day 27, and I have long come to understand that I cannot do this journey on my own. I recognize that my success comes from God first, my ability to be obedient to what I am supposed to do and actually doing it, second, and with the help of others, third! In order for success to take place, I must remind myself on a daily basis that doing one without the other is not sufficient enough for me to get the job done properly.
 
I belong to an amazing family! My mother is my greatest cheerleader along with my sisters and a whole host of aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course my nana (my only surviving grandparent). They desire to see me do big things. They have been encourager's like no other. I applaud them, and accept their ability to push me forward. I accept their help!
 
I have a plethora of friends that I consider to be family that push me beyond belief. They see the vision, and believe in the vision. They help me to see the light towards the end of the road when I am unable to see the forest for the trees. They sow into me not only via spoken words and their talents, but have no problem sowing into me financially either. If I told stories of just how generous they are, you would slap me and call me silly! I accept their help!
 
I belong to a group called, "The Master's Mind". Now there are lots of groups out there that have a similar concept. The particular group that I am a part of keeps the mind of the Master (God) first. We want to make sure that the businesses that we have been given take root and do so in the way that He would want it to. We hold weekly meetings that keep each other accountable to the goals and aspirations that we say we are created to carry out. I accept their help!
 
It hasn't always been an easy thing to accept the help that was given. I come from a long line of strong women that "do what they need to" in order to get the job done. That's not always a good thing, and often the beginning of pride.
 
These days to pride I bid fare adieu! I am no longer held by its restraints, and know that it takes a village, a network, a team, a host of folks (okay you get the drift) in order to get things done. I don't want to be the expert in everything. I want to be knowledgeable about the operations of each leg of my business, but far from an expert. I want to be comfortable staying in my lane of just creating!
 
So to those that have helped me in the past, those that are presently helping me, and those that will help me in the future, I stand up to give you a hearty applause!!! Without your help, this show and those to come would be lacking more than a few things I am sure. I honor you for the creative person that you are helping me to blossom into! Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!
 
Your Thoughts:
Do you have a community that rallies around you in order to help you become the best person that you can be? Who does that community consist of?
 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!