Sunday, July 14, 2013

26 Days Left - Networking



I didn't always understand the necessity of networking. I was a turtle stuck in my shell. I often thought that networking required too much time and energy, and often was super shallow. I mean, I could count on my fingers the number of people that I actually formed a lasting bond with that I met at a networking event.

As I have become older and a bit of a more seasoned woman/artist, I have learned that networking is far more important sometimes than the work that we create. I know, that statement sounds so backwards, funny, and just flat out wrong! It does to me too!

What I have found is that people want to be able to relate to one another. They want to find something in common with someone else. That something that they find in common could be something small or something on a grand scale, but a commonality all the same. This is what I have come to know networking to be about. I accept it gladly!

Last night while visiting the 2nd Saturday party at The Factory, I understood totally. I was in my element. I was in the place that I needed to be in order to be motivated beyond where I am at the moment. I met other artists that were truly making things happen. They were brave souls that stepped out on faith, trusting the innovative and creative gifts that they have been given. I am in the same space that they are in...doing what I need to do to make sure that what is on the inside is conveyed on the outside. And done well!

I met amazing women and men that are fueled by their passion (National Picnic, The 3rd Ward, and Revolution Coffee Roasters). They were inspiring to say the least, and definitely what I need to pushed to the next level. I'm looking forward to networking with these folks and many more on August 10th.

Your Thoughts:
Who have you networked lately that has pushed you to the next level? What was the greatest piece of advice that they gave you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!