Monday, July 15, 2013

25 Days Left - Advertising


It's day 25 and it has been a total blast to get things done today! Two dear friends (husband and wife team) and fellow artists came over today to help me with this art show process. They are photographers and videographers behind the successful New Expressions Photography. 

On the agenda for today...taking small clips of me and my art to make a documentary for the show. It's a funny thing to see yourself on video. I'm  not all that fond of being on camera, but recognize that it could help me out in the long run. They made it fun. They made it light and airy. They made it easy for me to be me!

This is just the start of the advertising process for my show. I am not fond of this part of the process. I would rather be able to forget that this part needs to be done. I am glad that I have others to help me along in this part. In the future, when a manager comes into the picture (that's my next research project after the show) I will have a working knowledge of what goes on, but all I will need to do is show up. I'll show up to the shoot, the interview (or whatever my manger has set up), do what I need to do, and get back to what I was purposed to do...create!

It will be that simple (or that is the plan at least)! For now...I must do some grunt work, and I am okay with that. I have to be okay with that! It's par for the course! 

Your Thoughts:
Have you had to do things out of your range of expertise lately? If so, how do you manage to get it all done?

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Nice.
    Sounds like the neverending internal battle of decisions b/w what I do and what I delegate. However, if there is noone to delegate too...then it's your job.

    When I encounter this situation...I struggle w/it. But in the end...it just has to get done. I think the best way to judge is to do what you can, where you are, w/what you've got. Meanwhile, pray for the active support of others. This way, you cant lose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Mr. Cooper...losing is not an option! Thanks for being part of my support team as well!

      Delete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!