Friday, July 26, 2013

14 Days Left - A Mental Vaca


There are 14 days left, and I would call this day a wash, but I believe that there is purpose in everything. I honestly didn't do much today...meaning I didn't touch a paint brush or a pencil or any materials to create jewelry. I did none of that.

I did manage to get some more research done on how to do this or that when it comes to my upcoming show. It was completely boring and not what I love to do, but I did it. I did it because I have to. I did it because it is what is required of me in order to be the best that I can be. 

It would make sense to break up the monotony of the day by creating something... instead of just doing research. It didn't happen though. It's not too late. There are still a few hours left if I wanted to make the most of them or perhaps I will just take a breather (a mental break). 

Tomorrow will be here before I know it and there will be ample time to create. So I'll take the mental break!

Your Thoughts:
How can you tell when you need a mental break? What does your mental break look like?

Until next post...

2 comments:

  1. mental breaks are truly needed. in my case from my usual environment. when I get away I realize how much im surrounded by negativity. it feels good to refill my mind with encouragement and positive thoughts. mental vacations for me is like taking out the garbage lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha..."taking out the garbage"...I like that. It's so true, and I don't believe we take the time to take enough mental vacations. I don't think they have to be all consuming. Meaning, I don't think we should always waste the day away taking them. However, I do feel like there are weeks that require them more than others. And if we could just take a few minutes out of each day to go to our "special" place, I think it would help tremendously!

    ReplyDelete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!