Monday, July 22, 2013

18 Days Left - Am I Making Progress?


There are 18 days left until the show, and I am wondering if I am making the sort of progress that I would like to make. For the last few days I have taken advantage of trying to get a little bit of rest. I know these next few weeks will be super hectic.

I have made some leeway today, getting finished two pregnant nudes. I have two left to go. I also decided to take a short break from painting and create a few unisex leather bracelets. Switching between a few things always helps me to focus. When I am painting and decide to take a break and make some jewelry, I am always a sharper painter when I return. I don't know...perhaps my mind switches gears for just enough time to give it a break from concentrating so hard on one area.

I am no longer feeling afraid. Me being afraid has turned into anxiousness. I have so much left to do, and seemingly so little time. Might I add that life still continues. That means that I still have a job to go to, still have vacation to go on, still have ministry happening, still have a social life...all while still preparing for my show.

Oh boy! I'm left trying to figure out just how I am going to continue to be productive in getting paintings done while I have all the other stuff (life) going on. There is lots going on up top, and it doesn't look like a sigh of relief will happen until mid-August. Now, I'm not mad...busy is good! I'm just trying to figure out how to juggle it all.

Well tomorrow will come, and I will do the things that I have placed on my schedule to make it yet another successful day. I may not get all that I need to get done, done. However at least I will know that I am in forward motion to see the finish line.

Your Thoughts:
What do you consider to be your ultimate destination once the journey has ended?

Until next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!