Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Tendency


I have lots of things to accomplish now. I know that in my mind. I've listed those things in previous posts. A few days ago I was on top of things. I managed to get the database done, and sent out a few thank you emails. However, since then....hmph!

I think that my mind wants to fall into what "the tendency" is. You know...bask in the victory...enjoy the sun while it's shining...stop to smell the flowers of this win!  I want to do all of that, but I know that there is so much more work that lies ahead. 

This may sound odd, but I have been thinking some of the same "I'm not sure I can do this" thoughts as I did before my show. Now, I know that I can, and I know that I will, but that doesn't stop the thoughts from coming. I fight them off with a stick and words of affirmation (scripture for the most part). But really what is next? I've got plans laid out, written down visions of the next steps, but how in the world do I get started on the "next"?

I often think of stars that make it big, and how they came to do so. Trust me, I don't want to be a star in the lime light. I am not start struck, and neither do I want others to be star struck over me. However, what I do desire to do is to make an impact in this world, as many stars have. I want to enlarge God's territory. I want to leave an amazing legacy for my children, my family, my friends, my acquaintances, and even my enemies. I want to do all of this through my creative endeavors. 
 
I left out the "I want to get paid" part, but we all know that to be the case. If I am honest, I want to make a lot of money so that I can bless others. It would be nice to be able to pay some poor students (who hasn't been a student for 15 years) school loans off. Who knows...that poor student could be you! I want to be able to do random acts of kindness for people unrecognized. 

For all of this to be accomplished, I would need to get off the "I'm not sure I can do it" train. So that is exactly what I will do. I will believe that just as I completed the last large task of having my first art show, I can and will do even greater things to come!

Your Thoughts:
Do you ever have an "I'm not sure I can do this" moment? How do you overcome those moments? 

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I am perpetually in that frame of mind, it sucks. But, having done nothing in all this time has left me empty and I know there has to be more to life than this. So, I'm stepping out, doing those things that make me happy and more importantly will hopefully help or encourage others. If I make money off any of it, I wanna do the same thing, help others with my excess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sure that you are going to do big things, and stepping out is...well...the first step...lol! I love you and can't wait to see what that is!

    ReplyDelete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!