Monday, August 12, 2013

The Days After




I did it...certainly not alone, but I did it! The art show was a success!

I know I dropped the ball with posting a few fays before the show, but I was swamped! In addition to getting prepared for my show,  I was  looking for a job, rehearsing for an upcoming dedication week, and visiting with lots of family.  Oh and let's not forget working!

Saturday was simply amazing! I have support beyond my wildest dreams, and this is just the start! Not only did my local family and friends attend, but I had friends come from NY, MD, and North Jersey for my event. Sometimes we don't recognize how much we are loved, and if I didn't know by the end of Saturday night, then I will never know!

I sold, I was commissioned for a few pieces, and networked...networked...networked! Tom and Josh (the owners of the Factory) were super personable as usual, and made everything so fun and easy. Amy (Tom's wife) was so sweet. We chatted for a bit about life, family, the future of the Factory,  and my creative/art career. She looks forward to helping me on my journey, and I'm looking forward to soaking up any information that they have about business.

It's Monday now,  and the momentum can't stop! In the days to come I'll be sending out personal thank you notes to those that attended, and starting a database.  In the weeks to come I will be working on branding, marketing and advertising for a new project that I am resurrecting.  I will write a kickstarter proposal for this project. And in the months to come, I will be creating, writing, blogging, looking to have studio space, and networking out the wazoo.

I am blessed! I am fortunate to have this opportunity! I am loved beyond measure! I am experiencing life, and fulfilling purpose! Thank you for continuing on this ride with me! It is sure to get real live!

Your Thoughts:
Is it a sad, happy or indifferent feeling when you have completed an enormous task?

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. AWESEM girl, so proud of you. As far as your question goes, whenever I have finished something, I always imagine some great feeling of accomplishment, but when the day comes it never is. It's so anti-climactic. It's like great, now what? Just before though, I feel a sense of pride like look you are almost done and you are actually going to finish...and I feel peaceful and happy. But it only lasts for that moment. I don't know. I wish it would last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really think it is meant to last! Would we really move on to the next victory if we stayed in the present victory? I'm sort of glad it doesn't last very long.

    ReplyDelete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!