Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Vision




It's Saturday night and my day was pretty full. Actually, this whole week was pretty full.

All week we had dedication week at the place I fellowship. I ended up painting for two nights (Wednesday and Friday). I got the vision for the painting only a few days before, which usually rocks my nerves. I never thought I would become okay with getting the vision for what I was to create a few day, a few hours or a few moments before I needed to create it. But this time I had no choice but to trust my Spirit man. I trusted the God that is in me. Honestly coming off the week of my show I was to exhausted to do otherwise. Too exhausted to worry and/or stress about what I was going to paint.  And it worked out!

I prayed and God politely answered and gave me a vision of an open mouth with water being poured into by a clay jar. The piece is called, "Thirst No More". It's what I imagine Christ saying to the Samaritan woman at the well..."but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water in them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

It reminded me of my thirst for Him and to ultimately live out my purpose. It reminded me that if I am obedient to that which He desires for me, my purpose will go forth with excellence. I will thirst no more for those things that don't line up with with my purpose!

It's the revelation in the simple things that make me so happy! The journey is getting interesting, and I am looking forward to seeing what it brings about!

Your Thoughts:
Where does  your inspiration come from? How do you best convey your inspiration to others?

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. When I saw the painting, I immediately thought of Living Waters...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you would be absolutely right! There were a few other people that thought that it was something else...a dove, a woman about to sing into a microphone, etc. I love the different interpretations. I like to think that people saw what spoke to them!

      Delete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!