Wednesday, August 7, 2013

3 Days Left - Arghh

There are 3 days left and success and failure seem to be swimming in the same pool!

I decided to turn my back on my office today and have a little cup of joe at a place called Groove Grounds in Collingswood. I thought a change of scenery would do me some good, plus I needed to go to the Factory one last time before hanging on Friday.

I had 4 things on my agenda for this afternoon. I was to get my resume revised so I can send it out to perspective employers (remember I am attempting to get a J.O.B), write up my artist bio, artist statement, and exhibition statement. I worked on a little of one here, and a little of one there, never completing any. When I got frustrated with one, I would go to the next. Then when I got frustrated with that one, I would return to the one I started with. While I managed to get a few solid sentences down in each, the cycle was nasty, and so unproductive for the most part. It really pushed back my research for the proposal that I said I was going to talk about today in yesterdays post.

So now I am left with trying to complete this (another daunting task for me) this evening before I get some shut eye, which would be my best friend if I could get a good handle on smaller things I must get finished.

Well, I'm off the soapbox and I guess I shouldn't beat myself up so bad. These documents aren't just for right now, but for the future also. It would behoove me to take the time needed to make them great!

Your Thoughts:
Do you have problems writing in detail about yourself for the masses to read? If so, why?

Until next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!