Friday, August 2, 2013

7 Days Left - A Solo Exhibition Trip



Day 7 is almost gone with the wind, and the best laid out plans sometimes go awry. We could either look at them as curses or blessing. This weekend and typically I look at them as blessings!

My family reunion has been cancelled, but I got to hang out with my adorable babies and much missed sister, my nana, and before the rest of the weekend is over I will hang out with more family.  So it has been a family reunion of sort, and I'm okay with that!

Tonight I went into the city for a few hours for a solo exhibition at the Philadelphia Sculpture Gym called "Flat As Hell". The exhibition was great! The artist, Jedediah Morfit had these wild depictions of ordinary and not so ordinary items that were made from mostly urethane plastic, paint, wood and nails. 

I was invited by one of my former UArts students by the name Jenny Welsh.  I knew that she created her work there (she's a sculptor artist), but I had no idea that she was second in command. I am super proud of her! An excellent woman and artist!

I met a few other artists from various backgrounds. I invited some that I had conversations with to my show next week. Some even knew about The Factory! I was in my element. I felt at home!

I needed to go, and I needed to do this one by myself. I needed to see how others conduct their shows. I needed to see how the artist moved about the crowd and talked about his pieces. I needed to see how others responded to his work. It was good. It was all good! I have a new confidence! I am surely on the right path...doing the right thing!

Your Thoughts:
When is the last time you felt confident about what you were created to do? What helped you to get there?

Until next time...

1 comment:

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!