Monday, March 31, 2014

The Power of Hello


There is so much in a smile and a hello. It's simple, yet so powerful!

A sister-friend and I sat in my office (Starbuck's) tonight and struck up one conversation after another with those that sat down next to us. I honestly can't take the credit. She opened up the conversation with all of them, and I asked the multitude of questions to keep the conversations going. 

As a result of doing some conversing, I shared this blog and even gained a massage client. I didn't have any of my business cards on me. I know...shame on me. So instead I put my blog information on a napkin. I told Jerry that he may want to keep that napkin because in a few years it is going to be worth a plenty. It rolled off my tongue so easily and I meant it with my whole-heart. He mentioned that artists didn't make it big until they died. I explained that that happens in lots of cases, but there are plenty of artists (including myself) that are deemed successful before death. 

The plenty won't be for me alone, but for the youth that I have such a passion for. I look forward to being able to provide a safe haven for children and young adults to be able to learn about all aspects of the arts. I'm not sure how it will materialize, but I am so sure that it will! 



I finished adding the final touches on the small painting that I was working on. It's hard to see the copper details added, so I added a close up picture. I'm pleased. It's a colorful piece that reminds me a bit of stained glass. 

I was supposed to have some sketches for today for the large piece I am working on. While I don't have any sketches, I am sure of how I want to execute the project. I have the concept and the color scheme to some degree. I won't make any more promises as to when I will have sketches. They will be posted as soon as possible. 

Smiling and saying hello to the average stranger proved to be a good thing today. If others are receptive, then I am open to starting a conversation and allowing things to progress from there!

Corner of Gratitude:
Pleasant conversation

Pearls of Wisdom:
"The last thing I'd learn, well into my career, was how to get on, how to say hello, how to get in with the audience."
~Phyllis Diller

Your Thoughts:
When is the last time you smiled and said hello to a stranger?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!