Monday, March 10, 2014

Preparation



Today I got a late start. A 12:30 pm late start to be exact. I didn't intend on getting such a start, but it ended up being okay anyhow. 

Some posts ago I mentioned a list of things that I was trying to accomplish this year. Here I believe I only listed my artistic goals. However, there were some personal and spiritual goals that went along with that previously mentioned list. Today I began to prepare in order to make some of those goals a possibility. 

I've always liked to send and receive what we call "snail" mail today. Call me old-fashion, but I love going to the mailbox, reaching in and pulling out more than just the multitude of bills that come for me. It's extremely exciting. And what better way to show a friend or family member that although you don't talk on a regular basis, you still love and care about them dearly? 

So I've decided that part of my personal goals are going to be to send out two handwritten letters a month. I will send them to my sisters, my niece and nephews, friends and family that live far, and friends and family that live close. I will send them to whomever my heart is led to send them to. 

Being the crafty one that I am, I wanted to make sure that the folks that I was sending letters to got something extra special. The extra special started with the envelopes today. I used other envelopes that I had as templates, and created my own. It was a fun little project, and I have made enough to last me for at least four months. 

I'll be doing a lot of stamping and doodling on these letters that I will be sending out. I will be sending my first one out this week, and quite frankly, I am ecstatic!

The night is not over. I still have a few things that I need to accomplish before laying my head on my pillow, which includes applying for a few jobs, and having some quiet time. No complaints here though...a late start calls for a late end. 

Corner of Gratitude:
Sense of Freedom

Pearls of Wisdom:
"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is preparation."
~Rainer Maria Rilke

Your Thoughts:
What does your preparation phase for a finished work or goal look like? What do you do to become prepared in order for the manifestation of your final product?

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I love it, I hope I get a letter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I have the opportunity to read your posts. They are very interesting and gives me a chance to learn about things that go on with you. Love you - Peg

    ReplyDelete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!