Monday, March 24, 2014

The Good Foot



After an amazing week of coming off of the mountain, I have finally been able to slowly crawl out of a funky space. I'm on the upswing...on the good foot. I have been taking the time to get in tune with the Creator and leave what I am unsure of at His feet. I trust that He can and will deal with them accordingly.

So today I started fresh with some new paintings. It's been a long time since I have been in my studio and today was as good of a time as any to get back to basics. I put together a frame a few months ago and yesterday I stretched the canvas and put the first coat of gesso on. Today I put the final coat of gesso on and tomorrow I will start the preliminary strokes of paint. This piece will be a bit over 5 feet tall and a foot and a half wide. I'm super excited for this one!


I also started this small piece that will be completed tomorrow. The inspiration for this piece came from a project that I gave to my students. I was teaching them the difference between tint and shade. I've always been intrigued by color gradation. It comes out in a lot of my abstract pieces and today came out in this one.

I'm creating and stacking at the same time. The pieces that I am creating don't have homes as of yet. And still I create. I have to figure out how to move what I currently have to make room for the new. Until then, I will still create knowing that I am moving in the right direction.

Corner of Gratitude:
Motivation

Pearls of Wisdom:
Diving into deep water can be scary, but the plunge becomes less scary when you know how to swim.
~Me

Your Thoughts:
What steps have you taken to prepare for your dive?

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Love! I really feel led to have a blowout sale for my older pieces. I am going to post it today as a matter of fact. I am also going to be doing some giveaways. I have to make room for the new!

      Delete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!