Thursday, November 8, 2018

Taking Liberties

You may have noticed that the date at the top of my sketchbook says 11.09.18. Indeed it does!! 

I'm back-posting this blog because I didn't post yesterday and instead of calling it "cheating", I am choosing to call it "taking liberties". I really want to stay on task with blogging everyday (perhaps with the exception on Sunday every now and then). So like this post, there may be a few that are back-posts to fill in for the day that I may have missed. And to keep me sane, I shouldn't be behind more than one day. I can't imagine having to post several back posts in a week.

For today, a simple sketch. There is nothing anatomically correct about this sketch. I wasn't going for anatomically correct. I wanted to get something down on the page...to just start! 



Lots of times I like to write thoughts to my sketches or paintings. The thought along with this sketch goes as follows:

I hate blank pages
They're intimidating and scary to me 
They beg to be written on or drawn on or painted on
Sometimes the fear gets the best of me and blank pages remain okay
But not today

Corner of Gratitude:
Backdating for good reasons

Pearls of Wisdom:
"I began taking liberties a long time ago; now it is standard practice for directors to ignore the rules."

~ Michelangelo Antonioni

Your Thoughts:
Where do you take liberties?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!