Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Social Media Platforms


I would have never thought in a million years that I would be the one that would be attempting to detach myself from social media. I used to love it...with Facebook being my favorite. Now couldn't be any different, although I still use various social media platforms.

Things these days don't function without social media. It's a necessary tool (evil to some). In a study done by  www.statistica.com, 2017 social media sites as a whole managed to lull 2.67 billion users into its lair. According to Adweek, 88% of businesses they polled with 100 or more employees use social media in some capacity to market their product. So that means that social media has become a permanent fiber in our societal fabric. 

It is almost necessary to actively participate in social media for business purposes these days. I haven't run across too many businesses that don't use it in some form or fashion. However, how do I fit in this social media societal fabric to promote my business without losing the beauty of old-school communication? 

I mean, let's be real...Blogger is considered social media and I am here. And here for several reasons, one being to promote my businesses, which wouldn't make me much different than the rest. I know there is nothing innately wrong with social media. But I feel like there is so much more to blogging. There is a vulnerability...a truth that doesn't always happen in other social media platforms. Mostly I feel those who use social media are concerned about being/looking perfect and perfectly stating something poignant and pivotal in order to bring their craft to the masses instead of allowing the authenticity and vulnerability of what they say and the sharing of their craft to bring the masses. 

There really is no judgment to those that are immersed in the social media world (we all are whether we want to be or not in some form or fashion). It's more of a desire for us to be intentional in how we use social media. A hope that we find ways to use it to uplift and connect and to be as lights unto each other. We all evolve when we connect with others when we authentically learn from their strengths and weaknesses. 


Corner of Gratitude:
Authenticity no matter how it comes

Pearls of Wisdom:
"Authenticity means erasing the gap between what you firmly believe inside and what you reveal to the outside world."

~ Adam Grant

Your Thoughts:
Are you authentic on your social media platforms? Why or why not?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!