Friday, November 9, 2018

First In Line

I have been having really intense conversations lately with my love. They range in a barrage of topics from love to life to passions. It was the most recent in-depth conversation that we had that was validating and inspiring. 

Years ago on this journey, I heard a faint voice (that I knew to be God) ask me a poignant question. "When are you going to make provision for the vision that I have given you?" It was so straightforward and surprising, to say the least.  After all, at that moment I was heavily involved in ministry. I was singing on the Praise and Worship team, I was dancing with the Dance Ministry, and I was involved with the youth. I was attending almost every function that the church held while feeling guilty because I didn't have enough time or energy to pour into my craft. 

In the most recent conversation, there was an acknowledgment that indeed there is something to the statement that God spoke to me years ago. In order to be fulfilled and successful, we must first learn how to fill our bucket so that we have enough to fill others. We can only truly be the best we can be when we are the best to ourselves first!

The discussion briefly veered to race and how we as African-Americans have been taught to give to get instead of getting to give as our White counterparts have. I don't often pull the race card nor do I often believe in the thinking that it was the "White man" that has held us down (for as unpopular as that thought is). However, I do understand that there have been disparities between the two races that are undeniable. The one mentioned above neither good nor bad, but just so in my opinion. And as a result, there will be some mind rerouting that has to take place. 

I'm grateful for that conversation. It is a reminder that I am on the right track. It is a reminder that although I am not fully in the space where I am always making provisions for the vision that God has given me for myself before the vision He has given others, that I am a work in progress working the process. I now recognize it and am in the mind frame to think before acting and doing, which would have been something that I would have never done in the past. 

I will be saying no to seemingly great opportunities in order to say yes to my vision! Honestly, how frightening yet so liberating! 

The great Teacher has spoken and I am positioning myself at the head of the line!


Corner of Gratitude:
The feeling of guiltlessness

Pearls of Wisdom:
"Guilt is cancer. Guilt will define you, torture you, destroy you as an artist. It's a black wall. It's a thief."

~ Dave Grohl

Your Thoughts:
What guilty thought have you let go of in order to move closer to your vision?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!