Friday, November 2, 2018

Being Intentional

This is my third time or so starting this process...blogging. I have stopped and started for various reasons, but when it boils down to it, fear was always at the helm of my creative journeys ship. 

I started blogging about 10 years ago. "One Artsy Gals Voyage" is my second blog account, my first being "The Artist In Me". "The Artist In Me" proved to be super cathartic. It was a time where life circumstances made it possible for me (more like forced me) to spend time working on my art. Although financially I was at one of the lowest points in my life, I was extremely content and super joyful about being able to spend time creating on my own terms. It left time and space for me to sit with how I really felt about myself as an artist. Was this really what I was created to do? Was this the thing that really made me tick? If I had the ability to create without being compensated financially, would that still be my choice? They were tough questions to ask myself and I worked them out with that blog. It also made it possible to sell my creations...mostly my jewelry.

"One Artsy Gals Voyage" started as a result of me wanting to try something a little different than the "Artist In Me" blog. Here I wanted to really share my ups and downs, good and bad, and successes and failures as an artist. I wanted it to be a candid snapshot of the thought and creative process of an artist. 

It was here that I started to chronicle my very first art show. And as life would have it, here I am to start that process all over again!

I don't have the space or the date or the time of the event as of yet, but consistent blogging again is part of the preparation for it. I am working on what the subject matter will be for my work and how I can incorporate my love for various forms of art and infuse them together. 

For now, I will be blogging on a daily basis. It will be like my online artistic journal. This go round I am being intentional. You will notice that there will not be a picture or video for each post this time. In the past, it was the stress of having the perfect image to go along with the post that hindered me from publishing that post at all, which led to lots of thoughts/feelings not being shared.


Corner of Gratitude:
The opportunity to start again no matter if it is your one hundredth time.


Pearls of Wisdom:
"The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life."

~ Steve Jobs


Your Thoughts:
Are you allowing the heaviness of being successful overshadow your creative freedom?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!