Thursday, February 27, 2014

Giving More



Lately (within the last few months) I've been feeling like I deserve the blessings that have been coming my way. Perhaps the word entitled should be used. And today, DAD said enough!

Instead of focusing on me today, I accomplished the things I needed to do and then helped out a dear sister-friend. She is a Community Engagement Coordinator for a local charter school. She does an amazing job and runs a pretty tight ship. Her knowledge of the city of Camden is remarkable and her engagement with the people...well let's just say, they chose the right candidate for the job!

While out canvasing with her, I met another young woman by the name of Kristen that was the Director of a youth program in the city. I was able to talk to her briefly about part of my ultimate goal of opening an youth arts center. She gave me wise council of a few people and places that I should connect with. She told me that I should stay in contact, and shoot her an email. Of course I am interested in staying connected with her, and sending her an email is just the first step. 

From here on out, I plan to use each resource that is presented to me to the fullest. I will pull on people like never before for information that can get me closer to the ultimate goal. I will sit under and glean from those that have already walked the beaten path. I will learn from their failures and successes. 

So today wasn't about me, it was about helping someone else. I gave, and in turn, I was blessed myself! My sense of entitlement today was shot to hell....exactly where it needs to be!

Corner of Gratitude:
Humbleness

Pearls of Wisdom:
"Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of a soul."
~David Thomas

Your Thoughts:
When was the last time you felt entitled to something? How did you go about turning that entitlement into being grateful?


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!