Friday, February 21, 2014

Flashback Friday: My Plan B, His Plan A


It's Flashback...Flashback...Flashback FRIDAY!!!

This 2009 memory is about plans. Sometimes the best laid out plans are meant to be changed!

Here goes:

As I sat and spoke to a friend a while ago about some of my insecurities and woes of life, it became clear to me that my plan B may have been God's plan A all along. It's funny sometimes how we plan, set up shop, re-vamp the plan, re-vamp the shop that we set up, and the cycles go on and on, only to find out that plan B is so much simpler an conducive to who we are than plan A in the first place. The plan that made us sweat and toil day and night, cry hours on end, and sometimes compromise our identity was never meant to be so.

His plan A has been here all along. My ticket to freedom. However, although that free ticket is available for me to take a hassle free ride, I have been hesitant about getting on. One foot on the train, the other foot on the platform. 

The foot on the train realizes that I must make a move. I have been created for a time such as this. To carry out that which GOD has gifted me with. If I don't jump on board, I will be left behind trying to find ways to pick up the pieces. 

The foot on the platform questions the moves that I am making. "Are you thinking in an orderly fashion?" "Have you thought about consulting this one and that one before taking this leap?" "Do you really think that you are equipped to make this journey?" "Is this the right time? Maybe you should wait to make sure." If I jump on board, I may have left the station before the cargo has been loaded. 

So with that being said, I am vowing to put all anxieties aside and hop on the train. I am ready to take the lead of my Master and go with His plan B, which ultimately becomes my plan A.

Corner of Gratitude:
Flexibility

Pearls of Wisdom:
"Beethoven, Wagner, Bach, and Mozart settled down day after day to the job at hand. They didn't waste time waiting for inspiration. The great composers did not set to work because they were inspired, but became inspired because they were working."
~Earnest Newman

Your Thoughts:
What makes you afraid to make the leap to your destiny?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!