Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Every Day...



Cheryl Crow said it best in her song Every Day Is A Winding Road. Yes! Every day is in fact a winding road over this way. I sometimes don't know whether I am coming or going. It's a constant battle. I realized in the midst of this back and forth battle that I have going on within myself and this journey, I am getting a little bit closer every day when I push forward. 

Pushing forward hasn't looked like anything tangible in the last few days. I've done little sketching, and painting hasn't happened at all yet this week. Although tangible evidence is almost non-existent, the ideas that are ruminating in my head are plentiful. I can't seem to think one through totally before the next one rolls in.

So while I work on those ideas, I am posting some preliminary sketches for pieces in the past weeks/days and look forward to Flashback Friday this week!

Corner of Gratitude:
The winding roads that make me better

Pearls of Wisdom:
"A career path is rarely a path at all. A more interesting life is usually more crooked, winding path of missteps, luck and vigorous work. It is almost always a clumsy balance between the things you try to make happen and the things that happen to you."
~Tom Freston

Your Thoughts:
How do you successfully move forward when you are in the back and forth battle within?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!