Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Feeling of Trepidation


It seems as if this journey is taking off on a track all of its own and I'm not necessarily on the train. That sounds odd, but here is what I mean...

Within the last few days I have had more inquiries for commissioned pieces than I know what to do with. Of course this is a good thing. I mean, who wouldn't be excited that people want a piece of creativity that only you could create?

The reality is I am excited! I am elated, overjoyed, thrilled, delighted, turned up...you get me! I am blessed beyond measure, but the flip side of all this excitement is the feeling of trepidation. Notice I said "feeling". I am not totally ruled by my feelings (God has taught me better). We all know that feelings can deceive us. So while I never allow my feelings to dictate whether I do or don't (anything), I am aware that they are hanging around.

My feelings say that this new arena that I am stepping into is a scary thing for me (true story, by the way). I am being pulled and stretched in areas that I don't feel completely comfortable in. Yes, I am an artist and yes, I am more than capable of completing what my soon to be collectors are asking for. That still doesn't negate the fact that I shiver in my boots every once in a while or marvel at the opportunities that I am being afforded.

Listen...I have a constant whisper in my ear that reminds me that I can do none of this on my own. I said yes to my gift. I said yes to my purpose and it so happens that it has to do with me being creative. I am doing my part on a daily basis...showing up that is.  

I realize all of that means nothing without the Creator having a hand in things. Will things be super easy? Probably not, it hasn't been thus far. There are plenty of feeling of doubt, fear and shortcomings swirling around in my head.  But with each mark of my pencil and stroke of my paintbrush, I become more sure of why I decided to say yes to this journey!

Cheers to saying yes to all that you have been called to do!

Corner of Gratitude
Facing my fears...head on

Pearls of Wisdom
"Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother."
~Khalil Gilbran

Your Thoughts:
Does stepping into something new scare you? Is that fear a healthy fear?

Until next time...

2 comments:

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!