Monday, February 17, 2014

Revamped Schedule



It's Monday already. I know, I believe I state the obvious each week, but I sometimes can't believe that the next week comes so fast.

Today I've used the beginning of my day as movie Monday with a dear sister-friend. Of course I ate way more than I was supposed to (I deemed this my cheat day for the week). The later part (before and after this post) is my time to get work done. I seem to do better in the wee hours of the morning after relaxing during the day. 

I am revamping my schedule. I sat with another sister-friend yesterday and created a schedule that I believe I can stick to. As a matter of fact, I will stick to it because I must in order to move forward in my journey. I'm willing to put the part of my list that has to do with my purpose here. I have accountability partners, but posting it here will add an extra layer of assurance that I will complete the tasks I need to.

This is the plan for the upcoming quarter:
  • Sketch daily
  • 1 painting per week (outside of commissioned pieces)
  • Post on social media daily
  • Blog 3x per week
  • Apply to 3 residencies and 3 juried shows

Corner of Gratitude:
Strength for the course

Pearls of Wisdom:
"A schedule defends from chaos and whim. It is a net for catching days. It is a scaffolding in which a worker can stand and labor with both hands at sections of time."
~ Annie Dillard

Your Thoughts:
Do you have a plan for the next quarter? What strides at you making to ensure the goals you create get done?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!