Monday, February 3, 2014

A Night of Painting

                           

My very first paint party happened on Saturday! It was one of the many highlights of my weekend. I told you all in previous posts that I was a tad nervous, and I was. However, when I got there and started, my nerves calmed and it was like I was meant to be there. I was in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing. The thing that I was destined to do. It seemed natural!

I didn't really paint like I expected. I gave lots of verbal instructions and was able to go around to everyone individually to lend a helping hand when necessary. Although they were all painting the same picture, each persons interpretation of the verbal instructions was different. There were varying compositions, colors, and textures on each canvas. 




                                                                    
Everyone did an excellent job! As the night went on there was a mixture of laughter and intensity as they made their very own masterpieces. There was a good time being had by all, but I'm sure I had the most fun by far. It was amazing to see their end result from a blank canvas. 

It made me think of our lives as human beings. When we are born, we are virtually blank. Life's events are painted strokes that create a finished masterpiece. There are some strokes that we have control over and others that we don't. Of the strokes we do have control over, we can choose to strategically place them on the canvas creating a beautiful portrait or we can choose ill thought out strokes that will make the portrait "muddy"...unpleasant to the viewer. 

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you catch my drift! 

This was the first, but definitely will not be the last. As a matter of fact, if you are looking to have a great night of fun with friends and family or a combination of both...consider having a paint party. There isn't a better way to explore your creative side, while being inspired by others! For inquiries, please feel free to contact me at:

 exo31art@gmail.com

There you have it folks! The weekend full of exciting things has gone fast. Monday is almost over, yet there is still so much to be done before my eyes close this evening, beginning with this post! 

Corner of Gratitude:
A life lived in forward motion

Pearls of Wisdom:
Be determined to live a life in drive. Forward motion is the only sure way to get to your desired destination. 

Your Thoughts:
What type of strokes are you creating on your canvas of life?

Until next time...



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks love! I can't take credit for the idea though...it's really sort of big right now. I'm just making it my own!

      Delete
  2. I love that you are making it your own! Olivia and I went to a paint party about to a month ago and it was lots of fun. You should come to OKC and make it your own. Miss you sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah!! You didn't tell me. Did you take a picture of your paintings? I would love to see them.

      Lol...you are trying to get me to OKC, and I am trying to get you back home! I love and miss you dearly. I mean more than I could ever state! XOXOXOX

      Delete
  3. Hi... Great to see you in the blogasphere :-)

    I did this last year for my birthday. It was so much fun and my painting came out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You as well! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!!! It seems like people are really wanting to tap into their creative side with these parties, and I am more than willing to help them :)

      Delete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!