Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Calm

Today has been a really low key day! No...I mean really low key. I needed to get some domestic things done around the house (i.e. laundry, straightening up, and even hair). Before the day is over, I will have done some working, but for this morning and afternoon, a little R&R was in order.

Yesterday was quite the opposite though. We (SuperKid) did their first official presentation for Steered Straight. We went to a Winslow school and were in front of K-5th graders. We needed to do 2 presentations, and adopted pretty well to the last minute changes that we needed to make. We worked as a team, and completed the task that we were sent to do.


We all are used to working with children in a few different capacities, so it was fun! It was really fun! We were able to be super silly with a positive message attached. A silly, important message that the students could comprehend. They were so cute! They left and wanted high fives. They got on the bus and waved as the bus pulled off. They liked Wild Willy, Talented Tene', and Super Steve!

Our next show is next Friday. I look forward to it. I look forward to the smiling faces of the children that we will meet. I look forward to the high-fives, and endless questions. They are the future, and what a blessing to be able to be a part of their molding process. The molding process that helps them to be a good citizen and great role model for the next child.

It's said that it takes a village to raise a child. I am so grateful to be part of that village!

Your Thoughts:
When is the last time you made a difference in a child's life? How did it making a difference in their life, make a difference in yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!