Monday, September 16, 2013

The After


The last few days have been bittersweet. September is in full swing, and I am finding it hard to believe that a whole month has passed since I  hung my first show.

This past Wednesday I took my paintings down from The Factory. I had some mixed emotions. A part of me felt super accomplished. I had a goal, I planned and set out to meet that goal, and I did. I feel like the leap of faith that I took to see "Only The Beginning" come to past, allowed me to know that I could accomplish virtually any goal that I set my mind to accomplish. Then a part of me was a little saddened. Something that I prepared years for was over. Yes...it was only the beginning, but that first phase was now over. I realized that it was time to prepare for the next thing. And that is exactly what I did.

A few weeks ago a dear friend's parent introduced me to a fellow artist. During my first visit to the Factory in July I sat across a gallery and watched this artist move about, not knowing that I would soon be meeting with her one on one.

Her name is Kimberly Camp. Her name may sound ordinary, but she is far from what one would call ordinary. She hails from a pretty prestigious arts foundation in Philadelphia called the Barnes Foundation (she served as their former CEO). She has a wealth of knowledge about her craft and the history and culture that surrounds the arts.

Yesterday I had the privilege of dropping off a few pieces of jewelry. I had sat with her a few weeks ago and she asked me to create a few pieces that would fit her audience. I put my big girl pants on and rose to the challenge. I hadn't sent her any pictures of the jewelry that I had created for her. So when I dropped them off yesterday, I had no real expectations except knowing that if they wouldn't sell there, they would sell somewhere.

Well...I am super happy to say that my jewelry is being sold in her gallery...Galerie Marie. She liked the pieces that I created and was confident that they would cater to her audience.

It's wild how an introduction can turn into something far more than imaginable. I am grateful for Mr. Ingraham, and looking forward to gleaning a plethora of information about my passion from Ms. Camp. I'm excited for this leg of the journey.

My gifts are truly making room for me, and taking me before great men!

Your Thoughts:
When is the last time you truly gave yourself over to your gifts and allowed them to take you before great men?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!