Sunday, September 8, 2013

A New Endeavor



It's September now, and the weather is starting to feel more and more like fall each day. Today is beautiful in my nook of the world (South Jersey). The sun is out, the breeze is blowing, and there is hardly a cloud in the sky. The perfect day to just jump in the car and drive with no particular destination in mind. And on this day I have been making jewelry, thinking of a few ideas for a painting, and reading lines.

I've done an okay job (getting better) of keeping you all updated on most of my artistic endeavors.  After all, this is what this blog is about. However, I haven't gone into depth about a company that I am involved with called Steered Straight. 

Steered Straight is a company that is "committed to providing real-life, motivational messages about substance use and abuse, gang involvement, and bullying. Essentially, the Steered Straight message is simple: The choices we make have a profound impact on the rest of our lives. For better or worse, every decision has a consequence."  

The company has several branches, and I and have been blessed to be a part of an awesome program that does presentations for K through 6th graders called "Stay in Your Lane". The program encourages students to help one another, to be good students, to be a good friend, to stay away from drugs, to not involve themselves with gangs, and to make all around positive choices. 

Now, the group that I am involved in within "Stay in Your Lane" is called SuperKid. Okay, I know that this may be a bit difficult to follow, but stay with me! SuperKid is comprised of some pretty phenomenal kats (people)! There are 3 of us! There is Will Fagan, Steve Forte, and myself. The guys rap, I sing, and we all write and render the skits (where the reading lines comes in). 

                                       

We have been working really hard to prepare for our first presentation together on the 17th of this month. We have been feverishly writing skits, writing music, and laying the lyrics we have written to tracks that have been produced for us in the studio. 

I'm excited to see where this endeavor will take us. I am excited to see how it fits in the grand scheme of my purpose. I am excited to work under the direction of Mike DeLeon, and with these these two awesome dudes and the Northern Jersey branch (Lynn and Dan). Most importantly, I look forward to impacting the lives of youth. The statement "they are our future" is so trite, but so true!

Your Thoughts:
Do you ever wonder how your various passions fit into your grand purpose? Where do you see yourself impacting the world the most?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!