Monday, April 21, 2014

SquashSmarts Mural

I failed to post the way I am supposed to last week. As a matter of fact, I only posted once. I have been doing really well for the past few months. 

As I have been posting, these past few weeks have been busier than busy, and last week was no exception. However, enough about last week and on with this week.




I started the beginning phases of the mural for the SquashSmarts Program in Philadelphia. The sketching took longer than I expected because I was working in a relatively small space. I had to do a lot of maneuvering with the projector....not my favorite thing to have happen while working. Overall, things went well. 

I will be making a few more trips. I have more designing to do, and then (my favorite part), I get to show students exactly how to fill in with paint. That is the exciting part! I get to teach them what brushes to use, how to thin out the paint if it needs it, and small tips and tricks to make sure that the brush strokes are invisible. I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to the collaborative effort!

That's it for this evening...a short and sweet update!

Corner of Gratitude:
Community

Pearls of Wisdom:
"The beauty of collaboration between older and younger generations is that we combine strength with wisdom-a surefire way to accomplish more for the glory of God."
~Brett Harris

Your Thoughts:
When is the last time you collaborated with someone?

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. It's been quite some time since I've collaborated with someone. I've always been a "loner" when it comes to creating, but in recent years I've realized that sometimes it's better to be able to bounce off someone else. I would like to collaborate just so that I can get used to sharing. Amazing things happen when people get together to create something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see your finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!