Friday, April 11, 2014

From My Mom

It's FREEDOM FRIDAY!!! It has come again so fast! 

Since this week has been such a busy week, I decided to pull from an old post. It is from a few years ago and it highlights my mom's creative side. Who I get it from!

So here goes:



You may be wondering where my artistic prowess comes from. I get it from my momma y'all! I won't snub my dad either, he could sketch with the best of them.

My mom is super creative when it comes to interior decoration. Me...not so much! She has the ability to look at a space, take yours, hers or anyone else's idea and make it pop. She tells me the story of when she was younger and was excepted to an art school in Philly. She went one day, got lost on the bus, and made up in her mind that she wouldn't go back. My grandparents didn't do anything to fuel her passion at the time. Art wasn't a big money maker, and as most folks see it today, just a hobby for my grandparents. It's okay...I was happy to go on and finish something that she started, getting my bachelors degree in Fine Art. 

Thanks mom and dad for believing in, and paying for my passion!!!!!!

Corner of Gratitude:
Loving parents

Pearls of Wisdom:
"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."
~Pietro Arentino

Tell those that you love the truth, and set them free. Hate or great dislike lasts momentarily for most, and love is never ending!

Your Thoughts:
When was the last time you told those you love the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!