Tuesday, October 15, 2013

In The Skin I'm In



I've always been me. I guess in the grand scheme of things, we all have no choice but to be ourselves. We can fake the funk...believe me, I know plenty of people that do, and I have even done so in the past.  But we can only do so for a bit before the "real McCoy" comes out.

In the last few days, I have been really thinking about the skin that I am in. I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty comfortable in this skin (and all that comes with it) that I have been given.

I am by no means flawless, and neither do I want to be. That would mean that I wouldn't need the God that so graciously created me. Life has taught me that I am in no way making it on my own, and that there is a creator for everything...including myself.

So...I am comfortable in the skin I am in. It's a beautiful thing. There is good good things, and not so many desirable things that come with this skin, but it's still.a wonderful feeling!

I am loving...extremely loving (almost to a fault). I am extremely affectionate. The power of the human touch is amazing! I am emotional...sometimes more than I care to admit. I am sensitive wearing my heart on my sleeves often. I am an eternal optimist with most things. I smile a lot, and I cry a lot. I am an enabler sometimes. I have a strong personality accompanied by a strong will. I am stubborn, and sassy, and controlling at times. I am a know it all...I like to be right. If you tell me I can't...I'll try to figure out a way to prove you wrong.

I am tenacious and go for what I want, but I also procrastinate. I think a lot, and process even more. My imagination is off the charts. I have a plan A, and a plan B, and sometimes a plan A for plan B (you know...a plan within a plan). I sometimes talk to myself and answer all at the same time (don't knock it until you try it).

I have been called weird, and mystical, and odd, and different, and unique. The truth is, I am out of the ordinary. That's who He created me to be, and I accept! I accept with a smile on my face my great qualities and even those traits that are no so great. They keep me praying and striving to become a better version of me.

Your Thoughts:
Are you comfortable in your skin? Why or why not?

Until next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!