Sunday, November 3, 2013

Etsy Countdown & A Healthy Me


A girl is exhausted. I should have capitalized exhausted because it's beyond what I can explain right now!

It's been a long and productive week. I've completed almost all of the things that were on my to-do list. What a feeling that is...sheer joy! I can hardly contain myself!

And in my exhausted, yet long and productive, but fun week, I didn't get to blogging the way that I should have. So instead of a 5 day countdown to my Etsy shop opening, I must simply do 3!

So I've started working towards a healthier me. Since I've been working in the massage therapy business, I am like the average 44 million Americans who don't have health insurance.   So what is a person that is working themselves to a healthier individual without insurance to do? You've got it...do some research!

Obamacare is happening soon. I don't want to get into the politics of things (I'm really not that chick), but the way I see it we have 2 choices; we can get insurance and pay or opt not to get insurance and pay a penalty. Since I may have to pay either way, I might as well see doctors and get the checkups that I haven't been able to get lately.

Here 's what I did...I started with some government assistance. I was almost sure that I would qualify for some help since my wages fluctuate so much.You would have to check with your state the programs that are available to you. I live in the good ole' garden state, and our program here is called NJ Family Care.

I called the number (check out the imbedded link) and had a quick 20 minute interview and that's it. It was really easy and I will find out within 45 days what type of coverage I will be offered!

That's one thing I can check off of my list of things to do....a very important one! The truth is...my purpose can't be carried out if I unhealthy in body, mind or spirit.  So here's to working on getting things in order!

Your Thoughts:
What things have you been dreading taking care of that will allow for a healthier you?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!