Thursday, June 18, 2015

And the Greats Did Too!



In the beginning of the year I was on fire! I mean I was fired up about the things that were manifesting themselves. Work...abundant, creativity...flowing, future endeavors...on lock, motivation...insane!

Mid February hit and all of the oomph that I had in the beginning of the year managed to dwindle down to a fraction of what it was. I'm working really hard to not only change my circumstances, but the circumstances of those that are around me. It has proven to be extremely challenging. So much so that I have had thoughts of throwing in the towel several times.

It's now June (July for all intents and purposes), which means that it has been a solid four months since I last posted. I have started this leg of the journey over and over again (blogging), and sincerely thought to myself this time, "What is going to make this time so different than the rest, and how will I insure that this time will be different?"

I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to accomplish staying on track and motivated until a dear sister-friend suggested that I do a 100 day challenge. She is on a journey of her own and asked some of her closest friends to join in the fun. And of course I signed right up!

What I decided to do is to spend at least 30 minutes each day on drawing, painting, crafting, anything tangibly creative. I will post here at least once a week, which makes that a weeks worth of fun stuff for you ladies and gents to view! I have also decided that if I miss one day, I will start the whole challenge over again from day 1. It's a hefty price to pay for missing a day, but it is worth it! It will help me to become regimented and hopefully STAY regimented.

So there you have it...a new leg of this journey. Prayerfully it is one that lasts!

Corner of Gratitude:
Fresh Starts

Pearls of Wisdom:
"If at first you don't succeed, join the club."
~Karen Salmansohn


A small reminder that the greats including Theodore Roosevelt, Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Dr. Seuss, Fred Smith, and George Lucas' (to name a few) had major setbacks!


Your Thoughts:
What's your game plan for picking yourself up for greatness after a major setback?

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!