Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Vow Renewal

Good day folks! I do pray that everyone had an absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving.  We all really have so much to be thankful for!

Black Friday was all but black for me. I know...it's not a dismal term like I previously thought,  but has to do with sales being in the black (a good thing for retailer's). I spent a lot of time in my studio, which (I am embarrassed to say) I haven't done in a long while.

What drove me there was a painting that I was requested to render for a vow renewal on Saturday. I know...it sounds like somebody(me) waited until the last minute to get things accomplished.  And while that is half the truth, the other half of the truth is that I hadn't really gotten a direction in which I needed to go until then. It happens that way often for me. It will be the last minute until the inspiration for a piece comes, although this piece was a bit different.

This go round I was given a vision of what the painting needed to be. You can call it a somewhat commissioned piece. While I had the vision of the person who was asking me to create the painting, I still needed inspiration as to how to execute.

That inspiration came Friday morning, and I was glad to go down into my studio. The execution took longer than I expected. 

Displaying 20131129_182136.jpg


Displaying 20131130_134347.jpg

I ripped out pieces of bible verses to use as the underlay. I did a thin layer of gesso over top so that the verses could be seen, but in the background. I then created the base of the tree and it's branches. Since folks were  going to be putting their fingerprints on it as the leaves, I decided to blot the branches with fall colors for a foundation for the fingerprints to go over top of. And to add a personal touch, I added a piece of poetry within the roots tailored for the couple speaking of their relationship.

Displaying 20131130_190826.jpg

I had a grand time with this piece. I'm blessed to have been asked to create it.  The couple that it was done for is truly spectacular.  They have a marriage that is to modeled by many!

Your Thoughts:
What inspired you today?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!