Sunday, December 24, 2017

Still On Christmas Eve


It's Christmas Eve and I am blogging and I believe I would be doing so even if it were Christmas. That is the hope anyway since this is all part of my concerted effort to continue in being consistent with parts of my journey that will help me to grow.

So in the spirit of Christmas, I thought that I would pen down a few things that I am going to instill in order to prepare for the new year. Lots of this list is already in play, but you guessed it...not consistently.

A failure to plan is a plan to fail
I have become a planner, but a planner in ways that don't necessarily build and sustain motivation and business alike. A planner in my mind of sorts. It's more like putting down items on my calendar just to say I put them on there and then not looking at the planner for the whole week. Then I become frustrated when certain plans don't go...well, planned!

So setting time aside to get this done on a weekly basis is a must! It will be on Sunday as I find Sunday's to be the best time to start afresh, and it's the beginning of the week!

Daily quiet time and affirmations

I am consistent with this already, but this just serves as a reminder that it is a list item that needs to remain constant. It really helps to center me and set the tone for my day. It reminds me of who I am and whose I am. All good stuff to know and remember!

Daily homage to my crafts
Oh dear Lord. please help me with this one! It's crazy to think that the thing that you love the most is the very same thing that you have to pray you are able to do on a daily basis. All those that have full-time jobs that are outside of the scope of your craft, raise your hands and holler! Drawing, writing, and singing exercises are a must!

All of this seems like a lot...a whole lot actually. I am a firm believer in biting off a little at a time in order to consume the whole. Some of the things mentioned can be done at the same time, which will make them easier to get done. Most importantly, I will monitor my time for the next few days to see where it is wasted the most.

Corner of Gratitude:
A new day

Pearls of Wisdom:
"The more time you contemplating what you should have done...you lose valuable time valuable time planning what you can and will do."


~Lil Wayne

Your Thoughts:
What habits will you instill before the New Year that you will carry throughout 2018?


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!