Sunday, November 26, 2017

Finally Finding Consistency







It's Sunday morning and I feel like this is as good of a time as any to start fresh on what has been somewhat of a stagnant journey for the past few months.

I haven't posted since February and in that post, I spoke about finding my niche, and being ready to find consistency, and following the beautiful process of this journey. And while all that is true, I also included a blanket statement that simply said, "I would love to say that this would be the last time that I start anew...the last time that I start fresh...the last time that I will have to proclaim to myself and others that the artistic slump that I have endured for several months will never return. However, the truth is I can't say that with certainty."

Here it is, approximately 10 months later and up until now, I haven't found the consistency that I have been searching for. Perhaps the better way to put it is that I haven't put in the effort to create the necessary time and space to make sure that consistency is begun, cultured and sustained. There have been new things that I have been settling into. A new home, a new job, new business ventures, etc. And while I have been settling, the truth is, I've allowed life to take hold of me instead of me taking hold of it.

Spending quiet time and reciting my personal mantras daily, soaking up information from books, and watching several TED talks and YouTube videos pertaining to motivation has given me new insight. It has changed the way that I conduct myself on a daily basis. It has given me the flexibility to be more of me. More of who I am. More of who I was created to be without being so critical of myself or that which I create.

Now to be clear, this does not mean that this particular part of the journey has been all rosy. To be quite frank, it has been both the happiest and saddest time. A time of change and challenge with gentle reminders from several sources that there are beautiful things birthed out of pain.

So a raised glass to another new leg of this...my journey! May it be full of excitement and carve many avenues to newness of self!

Corner of Gratitude:
New Perspectives

Pearls of Wisdom:
Perhaps we should think of our problems as puzzles in a book with the solutions a few pages away.


Your Thoughts:
What's new with you? Please do share!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!