Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Doing Some Juggling

This weekend that just passed wasn't really filled with much art related things, but Monday was piled high with expressions of creativity. I went back to the SquashSmarts camp to do some more mural preparation and even a little bit of painting. 

I had a few students that were on the roster to help me! They were absolutely wonderful, and excited to get to started painting as much as I was. My mentee who does a phenomenal job as the Director of squash at SquashSmarts explained that they were sad that we weren't able to start the week before (due to me needing to get my car fixed). So here we go...







There they are doing a job well done! I had the opportunity to show them a few tips and tricks when it comes to successfully painting murals. They took the instruction well and looking forward to the next steps. And truth be told, I am looking forward to showing you all the finished product!

In other news:
Getting acclimated to my new job is going pretty smoothly. I am enjoying being able to impart a bit of wisdom into the lives of other young ladies. It's such a big part of what I believe my purpose is. I have overcome a thing or two...some self-inflicted, and some just bumps and bruises from life being a bit unfair. All in all, there are some things that I hope to share with these young ladies that will allow them to be better than I was when I was their age. I hope to share acts and words of wisdom that will allow them to see and hear what productive members of their communities look like. 

Now for me to get my creative grind on in the midst of my new job. I know that I am able to do this now. I have grown and am able to juggle being stable and working on my passion. I just have to figure out the best way to get the two done effectively and efficiently!

Corner of Gratitude:
The ability to surrender my way for the best way

Pearls of Wisdom:
"Do three things well, not ten things badly."
~David Segrove

Your Thoughts:
What is the best way for you to juggle your stability and passion?

until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't figured that out yet. As much as I loooovvvveeee acting, its time consuming and so far does not "pay the bills" so I find myself taking breaks (like yearly breaks..lol) from pursuing it to focus on work and other "life stuff". One thing that's helped is "extra or background work. It fulfills my theater crave and it usually only last about a day or two. I think until your passion pays the bills, just continue to find little ways to weave it through your life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely and totally agree! I have been doing exactly that for the last few months. I have been really trying to find the balance between becoming stable and fueling my passion. It seems to all be coming together pretty swell!

      Delete

Journeys are not meant to go on alone. I'd love for you to join in on my journey!

Check back often as I make every effort to reply to your comments here!